Renting a dumpster is great for large cleaning projects, construction projects, and just getting rid of junk in general. When you rent a dumpster, you are on a time budget and only have a certain period to keep the rental. Keeping this in mind, it's important to stay as organized as possible. By using phone or tablet apps, you can stay organized with your dumping, get neighbors involved, and allow everything to go as smooth as possible.
The following five types of apps can help make dumpster rentals more organized and useful.
Organized list apps help you follow through with your dumpster needs in a sufficient manner. There are multiple ways that these lists can be created and implemented within the app.
- Dumpster Organization: Create a list that features the rooms and images of stuff that you need to get rid of. By following the list you can ensure that you have not forgotten any items after the dumpster is already picked up. Images tacked onto the list can become visual reminders of random items in a garage, basement, or attic that you may forget.
- Prohibited Items: Some items, like paint cans, are prohibited from being placed inside a dumpster. By keeping a full list on your phone, you can easily double-check items to ensure you are not charged with disposal penalties or fees.
- List Alerts: Set alerts for your lists at various times. These alerts can act as a scheduled reminder so that you are organized throughout the day.
Dumpsters only have so much space to fill, so it's important to calculate the area that you have remaining. Advanced calculator apps have the ability to figure out volumes and areas, as well as complete complicated tasks. This allows you to accurately determine how much space is available in a dumpster.
For example, if you're completing a roofing project, the old shingles that you fill the dumpster with may not reach the top. By using an advanced calculator app, you can determine whether additional items like old furniture can fit into the dumpster. Along with calculating the size of items, apps can also be used to add up various weights, so that you don't get hit with extra fines for overloading the dumpster.
Along with a dumpster rental, it's a good idea to have a separate bin for various recyclables and electronics that cannot go into the dumpster. Instead of holding on to these extras, you can use various apps to find ways to dispose of them.
Recycling apps give you resources for all types of items. This includes finding centers in your state, scrap metal yards, and special donation centers that accept recycled goods like electronics. By finding the specific areas, you have the information right at your fingertips and can easily get rid of items. With direct contact information, you can even find out about free recycling pick-up directly from your home.
Imaging apps allow you to capture the whole dumpster process. Whether this is for tax purposes, insurance purposes, or just for fun, imaging apps can be used in a variety of ways to get footage of your dumpster use.
- Before & After Shots: See the dramatic changes to your home or garage by taking before and after photos. Even when looking in person, there is a different feeling by seeing the before and after pictures side by side.
- Time Lapse Video: Advanced photo apps have the ability to capture time lapse videos. This means that your days of dumping can be recorded and then condensed to short video that shows the whole process.
- Wide Angle Shots: Capture everything you threw away in the dumpster by using photo apps that can capture wide-angle photos. Some apps also have the ability to capture stitched together photos to create one large image.
Neighborhood Trash Mapping
When renting a dumpster, it's common for neighbors to pitch in and share the dumpster use. If this is the case, organization can be made possible with mapping apps. Using the apps, neighbors can ping their homes and list their biggest items. By doing this, everything can stay organized and you can prepare the proper tools or dollies to help move larger items.
Using one or more of these types of apps can go a long way in making your dumpster rental a success.